This route from Quito to Quilotoa offers a harmonious blend of natural beauty, outdoor adventures, and cultural immersion. From the breathtaking crater lake to the exhilarating hikes and the exploration of local artistry, this journey promises an unforgettable experience that will leave you with a deep appreciation for the wonders of the Ecuadorian Andes.
We will visit all of the following locations along our route:
- Quito: The starting point of your journey, where you will be picked up. Quito is the capital city of Ecuador, known for its rich history, colonial architecture, and vibrant culture.
- Quilotoa: Your destination, a small town famous for its stunning Quilotoa Crater Lake. The lake is nestled within the caldera of an ancient volcano and boasts mesmerizing turquoise waters.
- Quilotoa Crater Lake: A natural wonder and the highlight of your visit to Quilotoa. The crater lake offers breathtaking panoramic views, and you can hike along its rim to appreciate the ever-changing colors and dramatic landscapes.
- Hike up Quilotoa: For the adventurous, a challenging hike up the slopes of Quilotoa provides even more spectacular views and a sense of accomplishment. It allows you to get closer to the volcanic formations and fully immerse yourself in the beauty of the crater.
- Zumbahua’s Artisanal Museum: Located en route back to Quito, Zumbahua’s Artisanal Museum showcases the region’s rich cultural heritage. You can explore traditional crafts, textiles, and artwork created by local artisans, gaining insight into their creativity and cultural traditions.
- Return to Quito: The conclusion of your journey, as you make your way back to the vibrant city of Quito. Reflect on the memorable experiences and breathtaking landscapes you encountered during your trip to Quilotoa.
– All Entrance fees
– National Certified Guide
Bring comfortable clothes and walking shoes as well as sunscreen and a rain coat.