Hike Cotopaxi, a snow-capped volcano and one of the highest points in Ecuador. Enjoy a full day tour of stunning view points as you witness the majesty of nature.
We will visit all of the following locations along our route:
- Quito: We will pick you up at your location.
- Tambillo: Visit a charming little town as we exit Quito
- Cotopaxi National Park: We will arrive to Cotopaxi National Park where we will complete our registration and enjoy the little market at the park’s entrance.
- Limpiopungo: We will walk around limpiopungo lake and enjoy its clear but frigid waters surrounded by hills.
- Cotopaxi Refuge: As we drive up to Padre Rivar Refuge at 15800ft (4830m) we will go through the rugged surroundings and stunning scenery of Cotopaxi National Park and Volcano Glacier: if you want to challenge yourself a little more hike up to 16,500ft (5,050m) to Cotopaxi Glacier.
- Optional: Take bicycles down from the parking lot to the base of Limpiopungo Lake on our way back. (Activity depends on weather and park ranger permissions)
– All Entrance fees
– National Certified Guide
Bring comfortable clothes and walking shoes as well as sunscreen and a rain coat.