The Awaken Summer Abroad Program is targeted for students from a wide
range a programs that touch on leadership, intercultural disciplines and
Why is Ecuador the perfect setting for this course? Because this small but impressive country incorporates everything participants will be looking for: with its four climate zones and abundance of flora and fauna, Ecuador is the perfect metaphor for exploration, diversity and multiculturalism itself.
In a comprehensive 3-weeks course, participants will have the chance to
• Learn how to make a positive impact in intercultural organizations,
• Experience the true meanings of taking over responsibility for yourself and others through volunteering, and
• Sharpen their intercultural profile by improving their Spanish skills.
On the weekends, participants will explore the most beautiful spots of Ecuador, and experience freedom and adventure in its purest form. For all graduates of the Summer Abroad Program, optional travel weeks can be booked at a reduced price.
- 48 hours of workshops, run by accredited
- 27 hours of Spanish classes, taught by native-speaking teachers
- 18 hours of guided volunteering activities
- Materials and equipment required for all classes and volunteering activities
- Certification for all successful graduates
- Spanish Exam
- Optional free weekend tours to Quito and surrounding places
Included in your pricing:
- Comfortable, fully equipped, safe and spacious housing
- Furnished spaces with high speed internet and basic services
- 3 meals a day, 7 days a week; a variety of national and International meals with menus to choose from
- Professional chef with a nutritional background
- Transportation from the airport upon arrival and to the airport on the day of departure
- Five extra days after your three weeks to discover the wonders of Ecuador
- Two optional extra days exploring Quito
- Transportation for all tours in the program
- Experienced tour guides
- Accommodation in safe and comfortable places when traveling outside of Quito
- Meals three times a day during Awaken excursions
- Variety of activities during trips, such as rafting, water repelling, kayaking, hiking, biking down volcanoes and more!
- Camping gear and equipment
- Any entrance fees associated with Awaken activities
ASK ABOUT OUR UPCOMING PROGRAM DATES!